Thirteen years ago today, I gave birth to my first son.
He was 10 days overdue. My husband was out of town when my water broke and had to race back in the middle of the night. The baby's heart rate dropped dangerously low, and I was rushed into emergency c-section surgery.
I was panicked. My husband was panicked. My parents said they aged 10 years. It was quite the event.
Turns out that the cord was wrapped twice around my baby's neck.
You see, people... it's been chaos from the very beginning :)
Luckily, everything turned out okay, and we now have a teenager. Gulp!
Little did we know back then, that we would go through the childbirth process 3 more times and end up with a family of 6.
Since this day marks the beginning of our family life, it seems fitting that I should show you our family room.
Here are a few "before" pictures of the room when we bought our house 6 years ago...
And here is the room today...
The changes we've made:
- painted the walls Benjamin Moore "Mayonnaise"
- painted the baseboards, door and window trim Benjamin Moore "Mayonnaise."
- removed the dark wood blinds
- purchased a sectional, so we could all have a place to sit :)
- recovered the two chairs in lighter fabrics
- had the zebra print and coral pillows custom made
- painted the quilt ladder
On the "to do" list:
- replace carpet with hardwood floors
- do something with the dated built-ins/wet bar area (stay tuned ... I have some things in mind)
- maybe someday make a decision about painting the wood. I am soooo indecisive about that!!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a terrific Thursday!!
Sharing at Tuesday's Treasures