Is it me, or are the weeks just flying by? I think it's because school is starting next week. And, I for one, am not ready for the frantic school day morning routine. I've grown accustomed to easing into the day with a couple cups of coffee before all my little people arise.
And, I don't even want to think about the after school activities. I have kids going in three different directions at the same time, and the thought of it makes my head hurt. I think I might hire a nanny and let her figure it all out :)
On a positive note, I will have a few hours a day to myself. And in that time, I hope to get some decorating done in the dining room.
Let's take a look at how the dining room looked 6 years ago when we bought the house...
and here it is today...
The changes we've made:
- removed the white carpet and installed hardwood floors (Columbia Chatham Time Worn Dockside Maple)
- removed toile wallpaper and drapes
- put grasscloth wallpaper above wainscoting
- replaced brass chandelier with a rustic French chandelier
- painted and recovered craigslist dining chairs
- purchased host and hostess chairs at consignment shop
On the "to do" list:
- window treatments!! This is my top priority in the entire house. I'll be working on them soon. Well, not actually "working" on them, but choosing the materials and having someone else work on them :) Stay tuned.
- have slipcovers made for the host and hostess chairs... another priority
- change out hardware on built-in cabinet
- add an area rug
- eventually, (when I find something for a steal!), I'd like to replace my current hutch with a larger, painted vintage piece. I've got an idea in my head of what I want. Just need to find it.
My goal is to have the window treatments and slipcovers completed by Thanksgiving. Just in time to spill gravy on them.
Have a fantastic weekend!!