Let's revisit how my mudroom/laundry room looked when we first moved into our home.
And here is how it looks today...
Here is the completed checklist so far:
- We replaced the grungy white tile with something a bit more dog/kid-friendly.
- We removed the clothespin wallpaper and painted the walls a chocolate brown.
- I (oh, you bet I'm taking complete credit for this one) sanded, primed and painted the formerly faded cherry cabinets in Sherwin Williams' "Halcyon Green."
- I painted the ugly laminate countertop with Annie Sloan's chalk paint in "Old White."
- We replaced the florescent light box with a vintage-looking fixture from Rejuvenation.
- I replaced the brass pulls with hand-painted knobs from Anthropologie.
Learn from my mistake: If you are replacing cabinet hardware and already have perfectly drilled holes in place, do not get all fancy, fill the holes, and move the hardware just slightly lower than the original holes. For the love of Pete, just put the new knobs in the already perfectly drilled holes. You'll thank me for this.
A note to the good people at Anthropologie: Your knobs are soooooo cute. Really. They are unique and interesting and great to look at. But, for the love of Pete, could you make them a tiny bit easier to install? My fingers are killing me from twisting those puppies into the cabinet and then twisting and tightening the nuts to secure them in place.
Then I will be perfectly content to do laundry all day long. Or, at least, hide out in there and pretend I'm doing laundry all day ;)
Good Life Wednesdays at A Beach Cottage
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday