Anyway, when last I left you, I had just removed the ugly shower door from the kids' bathroom.
The shower door came off very easily. I simply lifted and removed the doors from the track. I then sliced the caulking with a razor blade, removed the top track, and unscrewed the frame. I scraped away the remaining caulk using Goo Gone and a razor blade. Pretty simple.
But, then I was left with 6 of these...
Holes in the tile.
I decided to fill the holes with marine and plastic putty.
This stuff worked great. I sliced off a bit of the tube, rolled it into little balls and stuffed it into each hole. I scraped off the excess with a putty knife.
In 24 hours, the putty was completely hard. It was ready to be sanded and painted.
And this, my friends, is where I hit a road block.
If my tile had been pure white, there would be no issue. You see, every porcelain repair kit or epoxy kit I could find came in "white." My tile is slightly off-white, and using white paint would just make the holes stand out even more.
This is why I haven't blogged for the past few days. I was using all my brain power to come up with a solution to my problem. Believe me, there isn't much left :)
Here's what I decided to do. I bought this...
Rust-oleum Appliance epoxy in "biscuit."
Now, I just wanted to touch up the small holes, so I sprayed some paint into a trim pan. Using a small paint brush, I dabbed the paint over the holes.
If you look closely, you'll see where I touched it up, but it blends in pretty darn well. And, from a distance, it really isn't noticeable.
Although from a distance, you can see how filthy the bathroom is :)
Things are going to get a whole lot worse in this room before they get better. My simple makeover is turning into a bit of a nightmare. But, that's a story for another day...
Have a fabulous weekend! And, if you have an ugly shower door, go rip it out!! You can do it :)